So my parents moved this past weekend. They moved from the home that I grew up in. I never knew how emotionally attached I could be to a house. There are so many good memories that I have and I'm so sad to say goodbye to the house but so happy for my parents to be living in a nice new house. Some might say that I'm crazy to be so sad about it but I loved that house. I loved the smells and how my mom made it feel so homey. I loved every room in the house. I loved the backyard because it was so big and private. I loved the front yard especially in the summer because my mom always has the prettiest flowers and its so peaceful on a summer evening. I loved how my parents decorated at Christmas time with all the lights. I loved how there was no rain gutters so anytime it rained or snow melted you would get soaked when you went in the front door. I loved that it had a swamp cooler and kept the house freezing especially in the kitchen. I loved jumping out the kitchen window onto the trampoline. I loved sleeping out back on the trampoline. I loved the old creeks in the floor and the green bathtub and toilet. I loved the doorbell because it was so loud. I loved how when you turn the hot water on its instantly hot and you don't have to wait forever. I loved that my mom grew up in that house and I love the memories I have of going to visit my grandpa in the house. I love the location and before all the new development came in I loved to play in the dikes by the house. I loved my pink carpet in my room and playing barbies in my awesome barbie house until I was like 14. I loved the living room because it was so peaceful and so nice to just sit and relax in there. I loved the red carpet in my parents bedroom. I loved the brown sink in the kitchen. I love the fact that it was built in the 70's and still has so many old features. I loved the curb outside that had a big dip that was a perfect jump for our bikes. I loved all of the Christmas's, birthdays, and all of the other big events we had in that house. I love that my parents got engaged in that house. I love that every year up until last year we all slept in the same room for Christmas and we always sat on the stairs for a picture before we went down to open presents. I loved that it didn't have a sprinkler system so almost every summer night if you wanted to go in the front door you'd get soaked by the sprinkler. I loved the little bathroom by the kitchen and that the door handle had a certain twist to it and people who didn't know about it would get stuck in there. I loved the mirror in the bathroom because it made me look skinnier. I love the steps in the backyard and the little hill thats by them. I loved my house the most at Christmas time because my mom and dad decorated it so cute. I remember when I was little I would always fake sick the day after we got the Christmas tree so I could watch my mom decorate. I loved the laundry room because it had the most comfortable couch and for some reason it was so relaxing in there. I loved the neighborhood that I grew up in and that my two best friends Jodee and Jessica were so close. I just love that house and I really am going to miss it. I'm glad I have so many fun memories and I look forward to the memories I'll make in my parents new home.
Oh this post makes me so sad! I would be totally torn up if my parents move. They got rid of our home phone number not too long ago, and that even made me sad. Seriously a great post.
Oh I love this post too! I might admit I got a little teary! Its crazy the memories we make but don't really realize how much we love a house until you move! I also loved your pink carpet and playing barbies too! :) You will make good memories in there new house though!
Thats soo crazy I felt the same way about my house that was your house's twin!! LOL You will love their new house just as much!! May take a while, but you will! :D
That was cute Brittany! I hated leaving our house too.. I bawled and bawled.. but it's really weird because the new home felt like "home" really quick, and now I love it! Hope your doing good!
what a cute post! I love how you wrote down all your memories.. I love your cute family.. I actually remember the pink carpet! I must have gone over there in our "dance magic" years... is that even what it was called?
Oh Brittany...so cute you are!! I Love you and no matter where we are its Home! I loved that you shared the memories that was the Cutest and yes I am crying:) Love you so much! Auntie
I am a full time mom of two funny toddlers, a thrifty craftaholic, and the wife of one amazing man. Chad is a banker, a full time dad, and the best motorcyclist around. Together we have two beautiful kids Bella and Karter. Bella is the sweetest little drama queen you will ever meet. She is so funny and keeps us laughing. Karter is the toughest little guy you will ever see. He loves anything that has an engine and makes a "vroom" sound. Together we are happy and loving life!
6 comments:
Oh this post makes me so sad! I would be totally torn up if my parents move. They got rid of our home phone number not too long ago, and that even made me sad. Seriously a great post.
Oh I love this post too! I might admit I got a little teary! Its crazy the memories we make but don't really realize how much we love a house until you move! I also loved your pink carpet and playing barbies too! :) You will make good memories in there new house though!
Thats soo crazy I felt the same way about my house that was your house's twin!! LOL You will love their new house just as much!! May take a while, but you will! :D
That was cute Brittany! I hated leaving our house too.. I bawled and bawled.. but it's really weird because the new home felt like "home" really quick, and now I love it! Hope your doing good!
what a cute post! I love how you wrote down all your memories.. I love your cute family.. I actually remember the pink carpet! I must have gone over there in our "dance magic" years... is that even what it was called?
Oh Brittany...so cute you are!!
I Love you and no matter where we are its Home!
I loved that you shared the memories that was the Cutest and yes I am crying:)
Love you so much!
Auntie
Post a Comment