Well our babies are two weeks and 3 days old now and I'm finally posting a blog. Our little angels came on October 17, 2009. Bella Rae was born at 11:20am and weighed 5 pounds 15 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. Karter Chad was born at 11:21am and weighed 5 pounds 10 ounces and was 18 1/2 inches long. They are both very healthy and we only had to stay in the hospital for 4 days. They were 3 weeks early but they decided they didn't want to wait any longer and came when they wanted to. On the morning of the 16th we went in for a non stress test and everything was perfectly fine. I wasn't having any contractions and both babies tested fine. Chad had to leave for California for football as soon as we got done with the NST and I didn't want him to leave for obvious reasons. I was huge and uncomfortable and I just wanted my husband home. But he has obligations and had to go. As soon as he left for the airport I started getting weird pains in my stomach but I thought it was just an upset stomach or something. But I started timing them and they were contractions. They were about 6 minutes apart and the doctor told me if I had more than 6 in an hour that I needed to go in. By this time Chad had flown away. So my mom took me to the hospital at about noon. By the time we got into the hospital and hooked up to the monitors my contractions were a minute and a half apart and my heartrate fluctuated from 130 to 160. They could not figure out what was going on because I wasn't dilated. This went on for several hours and they couldn't give me anything to stop the contractions because my heartrate was so high. On top of all this I was really sick and I couldn't keep anything down and Chad was in California. Finally at like 7:00pm they gave me a shot of morphine to try and ease the pain but that didn't even help. It made me feel crazy but I could still feel the contractions. Not once did they ease up. At like 9:00pm they ran some more tests and still couldn't figure out what the deal was so the doctor told me we needed to get Chad home because we were going to have the babies. He said he would try and buy us some time by giving me another shot of morphine and a sleeping pill. Chad was 13 hours away so he and his parents rented a car and drove home. That night was miserable but I made it through and in the morning they did some blood tests and realized I had lost a lot of blood internally which meant that one of placenta's was tearing away from the sac so we needed to deliver the babies ASAP and as soon as they found out Chad was in St.George they started prepping me for surgery. I was planning on having them cesarean because Bella was breach so they got everything ready and as soon as Chad walked in they handed him the scrubs and wheeled us down to have the babies. Ten minutes later they were both here. It was a very crazy 22 hours but it was so worth it. These babies are so much fun and we love them so much. They have such fun personalities already and they are really good babies.
BELLA and KARTER

Our little family

Two very proud Grandma's (Which I owe so much thanks to. They have been both stayed over and helped us so much. We are so lucky to have such great mom's and we love you so much.)

Karter had to be under the bili lights and I thought this was hilarious.

Nap time

This was when I finally got to hold both of them at the same time. Bella was brought into our room the first night but Karter had to be on oxygen for a little while and wasn't able to come in until the next morning.

This was our first day home after bath time. I love dressing them up. It is my favorite part of the day.

Karter Man

Little Miss Bella
14 comments:
Congratulations! They are so cute! What a story and I am so glad everything went well! :)
I have been waiting for you to post some pics. They are so cute, I just want to come over and hold them all day!!!!!! They will be so much fun, CONGRATS!
Oh my heck they are so cute! You are lucky to have two! They are adorable. Congratulations.
YAY they are sooo stinking cute! And good sized!! Your crazy 22 hours did not sound like fun to me! ;) But they look like they are worth every bit of it!! CONGRATS!!!!! YAY Love Twins!!!
I still can't believe your a mommy! And of 2!! Congratulations again :) Thanks for sharing the details. Sorry we haven't talked yet, but I'm sure you have plenty going on. I do need to call you though, because I'm thinking about coming up maybe next week. I haven't run that by Braden yet, so...
Hope all 4 of you are doing great, and getting enough sleep :) Talk to you soon!
They are both beautiful!!! I am so excited for you...and feel tired for you at the same time! ;) Congrats again!!! You look great and they are so beautiful! ;)
They are so adorable Britt! I am so happy for you. I hope everything is going good. They look so tiny!!
I am so happy for you. I have been waiting for this post for a really long time. Now that I actually see you holding two, I really believe it. They are ADORABLE! I am so glad that Chad made it in time. Good Luck!
They are soo cute! Congrats
They are super cute, I bet you're glad to not be pregnant anymore! Congratulations from me and Scott.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! They are both adorable. :)
So CUTE brittany!! I just love them both already!! There little outfits are darling. Im excited to come see you guys tomorrow!!
Wow your babies are beautiful! Congratulations!
Britt!!! Those little have just got to be the cutest little things I've ever seen! Good job on the names too I love them!! Congrats and glad that Chad made it in the nick of time! Hope all is well! Post more pics soon!!
Post a Comment